Mavic are releasing 9 new mountain bike wheels for 2018, which also includes an e-Bike specific model.
Back in July, Mavic announced their plans to update the Deemax downhill wheelset for 2018 with no word on other models. However a few days ago, Mavic announced 9 new mountain bike wheelsets. The most interesting to us of course is the E-Deemax Pro, an e-MTB specific wheels designed to withstand the higher loads due to the weight and power from the motor.
The aluminium wheelset is only offered in a 27.5″ size with 28mm internal diameter that can fit 3.0″ tyres. Axle compatibility fits the common hub 15×100 width or boost, as well as 20mm axles. With a retail price of $1,555AUD (converted from 1.029,00€), this is for the hardcore riders looking for top performance and durability for their e-MTB.
This isn’t the first of it kind, as earlier in the year DT Swiss revealed something similar, however it is interesting to see the rise in electric bike specific components and accessories. Expect more to come for 2018 as the popularity for eBikes increase. For more information check out Mavic’s website.
- 27.5″ only
- Maxtal alloy rims with ISM 4D weight reduction
- UST tubeless compatible
- Internal rim width: 28mm
- Max recommended tyre width: 3.0″
- QRM+ adjustable sealed cartridge bearing hubs
- TS-4 freehub mechanism with Shimano and SRAM XD bodies available
- Boost and non-Boost axle spacing available
- 24 Zircal alloy, straight-pull spokes per wheel
- Includes tubeless rim tape and valves
- Claimed weight: 1750g (27.5″)